The Denman Conservancy Association is a volunteer organization formed to preserve, protect and enhance the quality of the human and natural environment of Denman Island.
Vision Statement of Denman Conservancy Association
We envision diverse and resilient ecosystems in perpetuity, stewarded by an inspired and informed community.
We engage the Denman Island community in the protection of natural ecosystems on the island, through:
- Enabling nature experiences
- Building collaborative relationships
- Acquiring, managing and stewarding lands
- Enhancing human and financial resources to sustain our organization
- Conducting our work/role in the context of global environmental issues
- Any resident or landowner on Denman Island over the age of 16 may become a regular member of the DCA. (A regular member is entitled to full voting rights.)
- A non- resident who is not a property owner on Denman Island may become an associate member. (An associate member is not entitled to vote on special resolutions.)
- Anyone who is under the age of 16 may become a junior member. (A junior member may not vote at a general meeting but may vote as a committee member.)
- Life memberships and corporate memberships are also available. For more information, please contact a DCA board member or e-mail email@example.com
The Denman Conservancy Association has charitable tax status. Membership fees and donations of $10 or more are eligible for charitable tax receipts. All tax receipts will be issued at the end of the year.
Click here for Membership Application Form (pdf).
Directors for 2017:
- Jenny Balke
- Doug Bell
- Anne Fisher
- Stirling Fraser
- DD Fuchs
- Jackie Hipwell ——Co-Chair
- John Millen
- Ron Shepherd – – – – Treasurer
- Patti Willis ——– Co-Chair
- Susan-Marie Yoshihara – Secretary
All directors are residents of Denman Island
Land Manager: Erika Bland
DCA Privacy commitment to members:
The DCA Will: –protect the confidentiality of your personal information –keep you informed about our privacy policies and practices –let you see your personal information The DCA will not collect, use, or disclose your information without your consent, unless required or authorized by law.
Constitution, Bylaws & Policies:
- DCA Constitution and By-laws: Download and view a copy of our Constitution and Bylaws here: 2016Bylaws
- DCA Privacy Policies: The DCA has Privacy Policies that explain more fully how and why the DCA collects, uses, and discloses your personal information. This information is available to you. Please contact the DCA’s Privacy Officer, Susan-Marie Yoshihara.
- Organized Events on DCA Owned or Managed Properties
- DCA Conflict of interest Guidelines
- Policy for Remuneration on DCA Projects
- DCA Policy re Development
- Memorial Bench Policy
- Fundraising Policy
- Membership Policies and Fees
- DCA Covenant Enforcement Policy & Procedure.
- Denman Conservancy strives to conduct its operations in accordance with the Canadian Land Trust Standards and Practices.
- Records Management Policy