The work of the Conservancy is managed by the Board of Directors. The Board has three main operating Committees:
- DCA owns and manages lands comprising three properties of total area 126.5 ha and also manages on behalf of Islands Trust Fund three Nature Reserves of total area 114 ha. This is accomplished with the assistance of a part-time Land Manager
- DCA holds Conservation Covenants on eight properties of total area 207 ha, assisted by a part-time Covenant Coordinator
- Communicates with the Denman community by distributing Newsletters and maintaining this web site
- Arranges Events such as Walks & Talks and a Scientific Speaker Series
- Promotes Stewardship on Private land and especially stewardship programs to support the endangered Taylor’s Checkerspot Butterfly
- Fundraising, including the Home & Garden Tour
- DCA finances and Membership
- DCA Constitution & Bylaws; Board policies
North Island College Bursary
The Denman Conservancy Association David Fraser Bursary was established in memory of one of the founding members of DCA. This award is available each year to a Comox Valley campus student who is pursuing education and/or training in sciences, natural resources, conservation, environmental studies or community conservancy. The recipient must be a continuing student who has maintained satisfactory academic standing and have demonstrated financial need. Preference will be given to students who have previously demonstrated conservation achievement or involvement.
Recipients to date have been:
Job Opportunities with DCA
are listed on the Contacts Page
Building the Central Park Boardwalk.