Note to visitors: this is a proposed ‘Home’ page under construction to replace the present page which dates from 2012. Please send comments to email@example.com
Welcome to the Denman Conservancy Association
Denman Island is located in the Strait of Georgia, British Columbia, Canada. It is a small rural gulf island near the east coast of Vancouver Island south of Courtenay.
The Island has some of the few remaining places where visitors can experience the quiet grandeur of an original Coastal Douglas fir forest in this (CDF) biogeoclimatic zone.
Who We Are
Denman Conservancy Association is a community-based volunteer organization and a registered charity formed to preserve, protect and enhance the quality of the human and natural environment of Denman Island.
What We Do
We protect natural areas on Denman Island by:
- Owning Land and managing it for conservation and recreation (more)
- Managing Nature Reserves owned by Islands Trust Fund (more)
- Holding Conservation Covenants on Denman Island (more)
- Assisting Denman Islanders to steward their own natural areas (more)
We inform Denman Islanders about Nature by:
We provide recreational opportunities on Denman Island by:
- Maintaining trails on land we own or manage
- Home & Garden Tour (more)
- Join us on Walks and at Talks and Festivals
- Explore trails on our land
- Become a member
- Follow us – Facebook, Blog
- Help Fund our Work: Donate
- Preserve the natural values of your land
- Job Opportunities
Homepage Slideshow photos by Andrew Fyson